+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SV650 Gen1 -2 Radiator mounting Points

SV650 Gen1 -2 Radiator mounting Points

Just wondering if anyone knows will a gen 1 Radiator fit Gen 2 mounting points? I can get my hands on a custom rad but it was used on a Gen 1 bike.

Cheers
    Cally

Re: SV650 Gen1 -2 Radiator mounting Points

no, they don't bolt straight up. the mounting points are about the right width, but the gen 2 has longer arms. I had to weld extensions to the mounting arms to one I had to make it fit.

another issue is how the left hose is run. The second Gen is wider than the 1st gen. I can't remember which gen hose I used for it. I only had it on the bike for a short time while I was testing.

I used some aluminum and drilled holes 3/4" apart (IIRC) to drop the 1st gen radiator enough. I cut off the nub on the left side and drilled and tapped a hole in the frame like the right side. Bottom mount is close, but works. I removed the PAIR system and swapped for 1st gen valve covers for more clearance for the fan. I ended up getting a Honda CBR fan (sort of a pancake-style motor) and made my own mount. The first gen fan switch from Suzuki is crazy spendy, but I cross referenced a BMW (car) switch that has the same threads and depth and a lower trigger point. (click here) First gen hoses fit great.

I really like not having the really wide 04 radiator on it. It just looks right with a 1st gen on it. The sale of my used radiator (in good shape) more than paid for the new Delkevic replacement. The fan, covers, switch, and hoses were just a little over $100.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatulentDan View Post
    I can't remember which gen hose I used for it.
    First gen hose works best.

5. Re: SV650 Gen1 -2 Radiator mounting Points

Quote Originally Posted by tocr View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows will a gen 1 Radiator fit Gen 2 mounting points? I can get my hands on a custom rad but it was used on a Gen 1 bike.

Cheers
    Cally
    If you don't want it, I am probably interested in it. I noticed my first gen radiator is very hard to see through with all the bent fins.

6. Re: SV650 Gen1 -2 Radiator mounting Points

The 06 and newer has a narrower radiator than the earlier 2nd gen.

+ Reply to Thread